Claire Rutter - Soprano
Royal Albert Hall, 30-Dec-2016 / 14:30
- Anderson: Sleigh Ride
- The Nutcracker Suite and Pas de deux **
- Finale and Grand Pas de Deux from Swan Lake **
- Prokofiev: Troika from Lieutenant Kijé *
- Strauss: Die Fledermaus Overture
- Puccini: Act 1 Finale from La bohème
- Dukas: Sorcerer’s Apprentice from Fantasia
- Williams: Hedwig’s Theme from Harry Potter
- Waldteufel: Skaters’ Waltz *
- Lehar: Lippen Schweigen from The Merry Widow
- Vivaldi: Winter from The Four Seasons
- John Rigby - Conductor
- Claire Rutter - Soprano
- Peter Auty - Tenor
- The Jingle Belle Dancers *
- Ekaterina Bulgutova & Yuri Kudriavtsev star ballet principals **
- Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra
The programme above was also performed on the 27th and 29th of December.
Claire Rutter performed with Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and the City of London Choir in a performance of Brahm's A German Requiem at the Barbican Hall on the 7th of March 2016.
Royal Albert Hall, 28-Sep-2013 / 19:30
- Piano Concerto No. 5 (Emperor)
- Symphony No. 9 (Choral)
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra / David Hill - Conductor
- London Philharmonic Choir
- Tom Poster - Piano, Claire Rutter - Soprano, Christine Rice - Mezzo-soprano, John Daszak - Tenor, Iain Paterson - Bass-baritone
Claire Rutter's arias "Porgi amor" and "Dove sono" at the Queen Elizabeth Hall in 2008 were described as a 'riveting performance' by Geoffrey Norris.
She made her BBC proms debut as Phyllis on the 26th of August 2000 in Sir Arthur Sullivan's Iolanthe with the BBC Symphony Orchestra conducted by Jane Glover.