The Quartet will play Haydn's String Quartet in G Op.33 No.5 on the 30th of April 2019.
Wigmore Hall, 15-Nov-2018 / 19:30
- Mozart: String Quartet in B flat K589 (Prussian)
- Joseph Phibbs: String Quartet No. 3 (European première)
- Beethoven: String Quartet in B flat Op. 130 with Grosse Fuge Op. 133
Wigmore Hall, 12-Jun-2018 / 19:30
Recital with violinist Antoine Tamestit
- Mozart: String Quintet in C major K515
- Shostakovich: String Quartet No. 8 in C minor Op. 110
- Brahms: String Quintet No. 2 in G major Op. 111
The Belcea quartet consists of: Corina Belcea and Axel Schacher on violins, Krzysztof Chorzelski on viola and Antoine Lederlin on cello. Corina Belcea launched the quartet in 1994 while the members were students at the Royal College of Music in London and coached by the famous
Wigmore Hall, 12-Apr-2018 / 19:30
- Haydn: String Quartet in D major Op. 20 No. 4
- György Ligeti: String Quartet No. 1 (Métamorphoses nocturnes)
- Dvořák: String Quartet in F major Op. 96 (American)
The quartet played in St John's Downshire Hill, Hampstead on the 13th of November 2017.
Wigmore Hall, 12-Feb-2017 / 19:30
- Schubert: String Quartet in G major D887
- Shostakovich: String Quartet No. 15 in E flat minor Op. 144
- Beethoven: String Quartet in B flat major Op. 130
Wigmore Hall, 11-Dec-2016 / 19:30
- Schubert, String Quartets in:
- E flat D87
- D minor D810 (Death and the Maiden)
- Krzysztof Penderecki, String Quartets
- No. 2
- No. 4 (world première)
Where the [Penderecki] Second Quartet’s ferocity derives precisely from its compression, the Fourth feels perfunctory, more a sketch or a vignette than a fully developed score.
Krzysztof Chorzelski played Schubert's Piano Quintet in A major D667 (Trout) with the Leonore Piano Trio on the 9th of January 2016 at the Wigmore Hall.
Wigmore Hall, 19-Dec-2015 / 19:30
Recital with pianist Till Fellner
- Beethoven: String Quartet in B flat major Op. 18 No. 6
- Thomas Larcher: String Quartet No. 4 (Lucid Dreams, UK première)
- Brahms: Piano Quintet in F minor Op. 34
Wigmore Hall, 11-Oct-2015 / 19:30
Recital with cellist Valentin Erben
- Mozart: String Quartet No. 19 in C major K465 ‘Dissonance’
- Webern: Fünf Sätze Op. 5
- Schubert: String Quintet in C major D956
Wigmore Hall, 4-Oct-2015 / 19:30
- Haydn: String Quartet in G major Op. 77 No. 1
- Bartók: String Quartet No. 1 BB52
- Beethoven: String Quartet in C sharp minor Op. 131
Wigmore Hall, 9-May-2015 / 19:30
- Beethoven: String Trio in C minor Op. 9 No. 3
- Brahms: String Quartet No. 3 in B flat major Op. 67
- Schoenberg: Verklärte Nacht Op. 4
- Belcea Quartet
- Nicolas Bone - Viola
- Antonio Meneses - Cello
Wigmore Hall, 1-Mar-2015 / 19:30
- Webern: Fünf Sätze Op. 5
- Schubert: String Quartet in A minor D804 (Rosamunde)
- Brahms: String Quartet No. 2 in A minor Op. 51 No. 2
The quartet performed with Jonathan Biss on the 6th of December 2014.
Wigmore Hall, 4-Nov-2014 / 19:30
- Mozart: String Quartet No. 23 in F major K590 'Prussian'
- Berg: Lyric Suite for String Quartet
- Brahms: String Quartet in C minor Op. 51 No. 1
Wigmore Hall, 1-Nov-2013 / 19:30
- Haydn: String Quartet in E flat major Op. 64 No. 6 'Tost III'
- Britten: String Quartet No. 1 in D Op. 25
- Shostakovich: String Quartet No. 3 in F Op. 73
In 2006 Axel Schacher was awarded the Concertmaster chair of the Basel Symphony Orchestra, a position he still holds. In the same year Alasdair Tait left the quartet.
In 2001 The Quartet won the Gramophone Award for best debut recording.
The quartet made their BBC Chamber Proms debut on the 31st of July 2000 at the Victoria & Albert Museum playing Haydn's String Quartet in D major, Hob. III:79, Op 76.5 and String Quartet No. 3 in F major, Op 73 by Shostakovich.